I toil away in big Pharma by day, paper chase an international adoption by night, and squeeze in hockey whenever possible. Plus, I'm pretty, witty and gay.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ber: Quasi-Rhode Islander

I've moved into our apartment in Rhode Island. I use the term 'moved' loosely, as I have an air mattress, two camping chairs, an end table with small TV (no reception, though), a PS2, and some clothes. I also have a ton of IKEA crap to put together. I've done a dresser and a bookshelf, and the sore hands and head (VOCs are bad, yo) to prove it. I'm watching DVDs of Moonlighting since I can't watch football. Moonlighting was my first fandom, and it holds up really well.

Also important to note: I live 7 minutes from the ocean. Granted it is off season, and there's no traffic, but 7 minutes! I went and sat on the beach for 15-20 minutes, watched the sky get dark, and the waves crash. Totally awesome. I also walked downtown to Tim's for coffee and a bagel this morning for breakfast. This isn't where I thought I'd be or what I thought we'd be doing when we started this year, but there are some things that I'll like.

My little girl is a true toddler now: she's learned the word "no", and says it with delight. On the phone I hear, "No, no, no, no, no mama!" It's so cute to hear her talking voice. She likes to draw out her vowels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home