I toil away in big Pharma by day, paper chase an international adoption by night, and squeeze in hockey whenever possible. Plus, I'm pretty, witty and gay.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Commuting is hell

I'm now commuting out of state for work. While I'm thankful that my boss is so understanding and allowing me to do this for a while, it's so hard to be away from my family. It was so amazing to notice the changes in the baby from just a few days. She's started to pat your back when she hugs you. How hysterical is that? It's like, "There, there, momma! It's OK!" I know it was harder on me than her, but it was my first time away since I got her.

The other thing I learned: parents know what you're doing not because they grow eyes on the backs of their heads, but because kids instinctively try to be quiet when they're up to something, and parents instinctively know the equation: silence=trouble. Here, I thought my dad was just psychic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home