I toil away in big Pharma by day, paper chase an international adoption by night, and squeeze in hockey whenever possible. Plus, I'm pretty, witty and gay.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Big Adoption Update

We hit our first speedbump on the adoption superhighway.

We might not get our older boy. We might not get our baby boy.

Instead, we might get a ~3yo girl, and a baby girl (chance still of a boy). I'm not too sad about the gender reversal, but they've changed some of the rules, and there is a possibility that we won't actually be able to get two at the same time. But, I'm getting ahead of myself...

The governor of the region we're adopting from in a central asian country that ends in -stan and itsn't Kaz (I'm being sneaky and avoiding search engines until the adoption is complete), has decided that he wants to personally meet the adoptive parents before completing the adoption, instead of not meeting us first like how it used to be. OK, I get that. He's not allowing more than one child 2 and under to be adopted at the same time. We're hoping he'll agree to a 3yo and a baby, but we'll have to see. Keep your fingers crossed. I really want my kids to have siblings, and I really don't know if I want to go through this all over again. Anyway, the trip was supposed to be only one week long, but this may change that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. So they've been having trouble identifying my older boy. Apparently, the coordinator over there has had a lot of luck with the baby houses, but not as much with the older children orphanages. There's a 3yo girl at the baby house that hasn't been moved up yet, he's clearing her paperwork. We agreed to take her referal if her paperwork is clear, instead of the older boy. They have several baby girls under 6 months, but I've asked for a baby boy if at all possible. They may tell me it's not, so I may be going from two boys to two girls. The fact that I'm even having children at all is a bit of a miracle, so they'll be blessings no matter what. It's just really weird to wrap my head around. I woke up expecting one thing, and got another. Not bad, just different.

Of course, everything could change again tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mugwug said...

Holy frejoles batman!

Whats with the rules over there, everything is permanent until it changes again.

In any event, we have our fingers crossed for you guys.

(if you do end up with a baby girl we have oodles of odds and sods for her).

Hang in there!

7:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home