I toil away in big Pharma by day, paper chase an international adoption by night, and squeeze in hockey whenever possible. Plus, I'm pretty, witty and gay.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My heart's on fire....for Elvira, yeah.

So, work is settling down again, thank God. The Pteranodon has apologized, and quiet has returned to the jungle. I'm actually doing some interesting science, and finding some joy in discovery.

I had the opportunity to see two great shows last week, I got free tickets to see Elvis Costello with Alan Toussaint, fourth row. Friday night I took D and my dad to see D's favorite comedian, Elvira Kurt . If you've never seen her, check her link, she's got some video up. She's wicked funny, sometimes she makes me laugh so hard, I have an asthma attack. She did a great piece about crossing the boarder at the Ambassador bridge, and her pawless cat (really, I can't do justice to it, trust me). D really wanted to meet her, so she stuck around and my dad and I waited outside. I noticed D walking towards us, and who should be with her? Elvira, of course. So we met and chatted a bit. D was in heaven. I was standing next to her in heaven.

Adoption note: I found something that the govenment is actually fast and efficient about: fingerprinting. It's probably because they want to gather more and more fingerprints for their "anti-terror" database, and has nothing to do at all about helping people, but I was pleasantly surprised at my expirience (I'd like this opportunately to say hi to the agent assigned to read my little blog now). So now we're waiting on our I-171H, and our referrals, which could come any day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Elvira sounds great! A pawless cat!?!? :D

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home