I toil away in big Pharma by day, paper chase an international adoption by night, and squeeze in hockey whenever possible. Plus, I'm pretty, witty and gay.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Attack of the Pteranodon

Lady Jane Scarlett and I had named the supervisors at work after birds of prey. It was very apropos, as each embodied the best and worst of their respective namesake, and we could talk about them without being understood. We had the Eagle, the Owl, the Osprey, and now: the Pteranodon. I know, technically the Pteranodon isn't a true bird of prey, rather a flying dinosaur, but it's a bird ancestor none the less, and if I'm lucky, perhaps this one will go the way of the dinosaurs.

In other Ber news: took a business trip out east to see how the other 75% live, and I must say, with the exception of the unlucky few in the fish bowl, it's pretty damn nice. Also: softball team won. Yea.

The best for last: we have our fingerprinting appt in a week and a half! The first family is expected to travel to pick up their children THIS MONTH! I love thinking that I have kids, they're in central asia, and they're waiting for me to come take them home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I can smell an extinct bird a mile away, and this little naturalist is pleased.

4:40 PM

 
Blogger Ber said...

Hee. We are such geeks. Half day Fridays! We'll have to make good use of them. Maybe a coffee or a movie this weekend?

11:15 PM

 
Blogger Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Mos Def. Word.

2:44 PM

 
Blogger Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I saw a license plate on Saturday that said "Mamaber", I thought you'd like that! :D

7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home